Sunday, September 18, 2016

Feedback Focus

Reading Out Loud
Although I liked the idea of reading each of the stories out loud, I found it very difficult to find a time and a place where I could actually do so. I already follow through with reading stories from beginning to end and then giving them a second read through, so I feel like my method is typically focused. I do feel like when I am reviewing my own work, I really have to read it out loud in order to get a different perspective. If I am not understanding a story, I might utilize this technique to similarly gain a different perspective.

Copy and Delete
There are definitely occasions that I have used this technique, especially for denser readings. I really enjoy the stories I read in this class, so I don't think I will need this technique unless I come across a particularly confusing story.

Use a Timer
I have not used this technique before, but I actually really liked it. I tend to be very goal-oriented, and sometimes this makes giving real, focused feedback difficult because I am more concerned with completing an assignment than with the actual feedback process. This is one of my biggest pet peeves, but I cannot deny that I am occasionally guilty of doing the same thing. I know others can tell when the feedback is not coming from a place of curiosity and rather a place of haste because I know that I can tell when others do the same to me. This method really made me dedicate a specific amount of time to the reading and this made the feedback much easier to write.


Jackie Gerstein (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment