Monday, September 19, 2016

Growth Mindset: Throwback to Finals Week of Spring 2016

After completing the Feedback Focus assignment this week, I was reminded of a time last semester that I felt completely overwhelmed by everything I had on my plate. It was the weekend before finals and two weeks before I took the MCAT. I felt like I needed to study literally everything for every single remaining second until I had completed everything in front of me. And then, I decided to do something crazy....

Meme I created to remind myself I could do it (Christen O'Neal)
...I took a break. I made this meme and I felt like it was really applicable to anyone who ever feels like everything is just way to big for them to accomplish. Because, even though the stack of papers may be larger than the stapler, the stapler still conquers the papers by organizing them into that stack. By recognizing that I needed a system, I felt less overwhelmed and got back on track with studying for finals and continued my relentless MCAT studying.

Bibliograph:
Growth Mindset: A Powerful Way to Learn by Laura Gibbs (Web Source)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute way of thinking about it. I've just started to prepare for my MCAT since I'll be taking it in April, but my schedule has been extremely busy and I always feel like I'm just barely making it. Thanks for this reminder, and here's hoping I can also be the figurative stapler and conquer fall semester!

    ReplyDelete