Monday, September 19, 2016

Wikipedia Trail: From Saraswati to Brahman

Saraswati
I was initially interested in learning more about Saraswati because I was considering the Hindu Trinity as the topic for my Storybook Project. I was specifically interested in the love story she has with Brahma. So...I clicked on Tridevi next.

Tridevi
I wanted to look into this article because I wanted to see if there were any more connections between Saraswati, Lakshmi, and Parvati that I had not yet considered. I found a really interesting image while looking at the article and I could really see myself using this image in my storybook later on.

Tridevi (Wikimedia)
Brahma
After reading about the Trinity, I clicked on Brahma, Saraswati's significant other. I didn't find as much as I would have liked on his romance with Saraswati, but I did find a lot of interesting factoids about Brahma and all the various ways I had seen his name before. It was interesting to see the different ways in which his name was used to create new words or represent different ideas.

Brahman
The last article that I clicked on was Brahman. I was hoping to learn more about the differentiation between Brahma and Brahman and found out that Brahman actually refers to the "highest Universal Principle" or the "Ultimate Reality". I thought this could be an interesting idea to pair with Maya which is an alternate reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment