Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Learning Challenge: The Science of Procrastination

I wanted to learn more about time management since I always feel a bit pressed for time. I don't have an account on most of the usual social media applications that would eat up my free time, but I do constantly face hyperbolic discounting. This form of procrastination takes effect by playing on our present bias, allowing us to place more value in completing tasks that will provide us with a sense of reward sooner rather than later. While juggling a full course load and work can be challenging, if I make sure to stick to my short term and long term goals, keeping both in perspective, I should be able to manage my time effectively and complete my goals.

Hyperbolic Discounting (The Science of Procrastination)


Bibliography: The Science of Procrastination (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment