Sunday, August 28, 2016

Reflection on the Growth Mindset

I have heard about the Growth Mindset before this, when I was taking biochemistry with Dr. Sims last semester. He strongly believed it was the key to tackling any difficult class and really expanding one's knowledge. I agree with this belief and hope to be able to use this frame of mind in my Spanish class. I am taking conversational Spanish this semester in hopes of being able to boost my confidence when speaking in Spanish, but I know I will really have to adopt this mindset to achieve this goal. I am taking a very full course load this semester, so I thought that the following picture was a funny reminder that although, as students, we may have a lot of pressure to perform constantly, it is important to take breaks as well.

Growth Mindset Meme by Islam Abudaoud; Source: Growth Mindset Memes Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment