Sunday, August 28, 2016

Storybook Favorites

Storybook Favorites

My favorite part about this storybook is the layout. The content is laid out over three stories in a very interesting and captivating way and the design of the storybook really suits the theme of the story. I really like the search bar in the header and would like to include one in my project. I have not read the Mahabharata or the Ramayana, so all of these topics would be completely new to me. However, I like the idea of taking a typically tragic story line and changing it into a story of strength and overcoming one's personal struggles.

Picture of Sita from "The Adventures of Sita" Storybook; Source: Sita


This is a really interesting format for a storybook. I think this is the most creative one I have seen and definitely gives me some ideas about thinking outside the box for my own project. The idea that the author used their own interests to really immerse themselves in the story fascinates me, and I want to strive to do the same by making connections between my project and neuroscience. I am not quite sure how I want to make that connection yet, but I hope as I continue to work on this project and complete these readings, I will think of some interesting ways to incorporate it.

Tales of Strength and Struggles

I really like the design of this storybook as well as the idea for the story. Rather than retell the stories, the author chose to take the stories and develop a new story for her storybook. I am a little partial to this kind of literary interpretation since that is how I chose to approach my "retelling" of one of Aesop's Fables, The Wolf and the Lamb. I think this kind of interpretation might be interesting to combine with my own interests in neuroscience and the design of The Adventures of Sita storybook. I could also potentially find a story to retell that has a tragic ending, like in The Adventures of Sita, and either change the story from the beginning, or continue the story from the point it ended in the original source, like I did in my retelling of The Wolf and the Lamb, and give it a fuller, more positive ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment