Monday, October 3, 2016

Reading Notes: The Mahabharata Epified (Part A)


The Mahabharata Epified: Reading Notes (Part A)

I really enjoyed this reading guide! I feel like I really retain more by watching the epified videos, and I even went to the Epified YouTube page to see what other videos they do.

When I read The Mahabharata by Narayan, I felt like this whole first section that really provides the background for the epic was passed over. I know I read about all of it, but it just didn't seem to really stick with me and watching the first nine videos of the series really helped establish that background for me.

I found it really interesting to hear about all of the secrets that kept popping up for the different characters involved, especially Satyavati. It just reminds me how complex the entire story is and that past lives come back to ensure each person receives what is truly just.

Devavrata Takes a Vow of Celibacy (Web Source)

Bibliography: The Mahabharata Epified Reading Guide (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment