Sunday, November 20, 2016

Growth Mindset: Multiple Intelligences

I love learning about the different theories on how people grow their capabilities and trying to understand how this could help me with my own study habits or how this could help me retain various things I learn at work more effectively. Although I think everyone has unique strengths, no one is absolutely one type of learner or absolutely intelligent in only one way. Rather it is a mix of these different ways of learning and utilizing this knowledge that creates a person's unique abilities. I also believe that it is critically important to continue improving your way of learning and utilizing what you learned in a way that forces you to confront the areas you are weak in. By growing in all ways, you can prepare yourself to overcome challenging classes with professors that have different teaching styles than what you are accustomed to or taking on tasks at work that force you to utilize skills you would not otherwise utilize.
Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences Infrographic by Mark Bennett (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment