Saturday, November 19, 2016

Reading Notes: Krishna Epified (Part A)

Reading Notes: Krishna Epified (Part A)

I really enjoyed the Mahabharata Epified series and so I wanted to look into the Krishna Epified series. I thought the part about Vasudev crossing the river under the protection of the serpent was really interesting. I wonder if the serpent mentioned is anything like the serpent from the creation story that I had read. I also was really surprised that Maya and Krishna were switched at birth. For some reason I had not remembered that in any of the stories that I had read. Even better was when Kamsa was about to kill Maya and then she turned into Durga and told him that he was still doomed and chastised him for assuming he was safe because she had come to the Earth in the form of a woman. 

Durga (Web Source)
Bibliography:
Krishna Epified (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment