Saturday, November 19, 2016

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues (Part A)

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues (Part A)

I feel like a lot of the stories I have read about have really detailed the endeavors of the male deities, so I felt like this would be a really great way to get a different perspective on the female deities, specifically Lakshmi. The format/layout of this animation was a lot different than I thought it would be, but I think it really helps explain the complexity of the overall story. I also really like the fact that there are three narrators throughout the animation that discuss and sometimes disagree with one another about what actually happened in the story or how one character is actually portrayed, which also adds to the complexity of the story.
Rama and Sita (Web Source)
Bibliography:
Sita Sings the Blues by Nina Paley (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment