Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wikipedia Trails: From Kali to Shakti

Kali
I wanted to look more into Kali because I came across her in my reading from earlier this week on Shiva. I found out that she is considered the consort of Shiva and is like the primary creator that the feminine deity, Devi, is considered. It almost seems like she makes up a part of the larger whole.

Shaktism
In the Kali wikipedia article, I found a section on Shaktism, which is tradition within Hinduism that reveres the feminine essence, Devi, as the supreme power.

Forms of Devi (Web Source)

Devi-Bhagavata Purana
The Shaktism wikipedia article led me to an article on this text which also reveres Devi as the supreme power or primary creator.

Shakti
Then I found this article on Shakti, which explained that she is essentially the same as Kali and is represented in her avatar form by Parvati.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment